Saturday, February 12, 2011

all about some food

I woke up this morning at 5:00 and could not sleep because I was so hungry. I had my first breakfast, Cracklin’ Oat Bran (yum!), and now I am just waiting for Caleb to wake up for us to have another breakfast!
I decided I would write about the recipe I tried last night because it was so good! You have to try this.
One of my goals this year is to cook with more herbs. We have a little rosemary tree (it was our Christmas tree this year), so when I got a Williams-Sonoma e-mail about Rosemary Apple Turnovers with Honey, I was all about it!
I am usually not very festive when it comes to celebrating Valentine’s Day, but I decided it was a good excuse to just make this weekend fun and special. To kick off our Valentine’s weekend, I made a spinach salad with beets (since they are super bright pink!). Unfortunately, Caleb does not like beets, so I ate them all. I also made the apple turnovers for dessert. I made sixteen little turnovers, and of course, we ate them all!
serving Caleb my new recipe...I started us off with two each. Ha!

This morning, for our “official” breakfast, we are having pancakes, sausage and grapefruit. I am really excited! Then we are going for a bike ride, so I can keep trying to figure out how to ride my new bicycle. I am going to take the fruit I have been drying in Caleb’s new dehydrator from Brother Paul.









I am drying bananas and mangoes...I will have more pictures once they are dried.
There will be more to come on this O!-so-fun weekend!
Roasted Beets: Oven 400 degrees, beets washed/dried, put in aluminum foil, drizzled with olive oil, cook for about an hour or hour and a half (until tender), skin peels off very easily, slice, salt and pepper and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment